Rygel crash on undefined XDG standard directories

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> Le lundi 27 septembre 2010, à 16:27 +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
>> > What are
>>
>>   None that I can imagine for the changes in 8c0391d..14071c0.
>>
>> >  - there's at least one unrelated fix ("media-export: Add null checks to
>> >   standard XDG folders")
>>
>>   There was a bug about this on debian bugzilla. Now that you mention
>> it, this shouldn't matter to a normal GNOME desktop but rygel is used
>> by people on headless machines where this issue will realize.
>
> I'm sorry if this sounds like a lot of paperwork, but this is another
> issue, so it's better for us to track this in a separate thread -- it's
> already a bit confusing right now, so adding something else on top of
> that won't help.

  Ok, sorry for the confusion. This is my first module in a stable
GNOME release and I've very little time at hand so please forgive all
this confusion I'm causing at the last hour. Anyway, putting it in
another thread.

> And there is a question to start this thread: what does
> it do with NULL? Does it crash?

 Yes, rygel crashes if XDG standard directories in question are not
defined in the environment it is launched.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124