Re: GNOME 2.32 Release Notes
- From: Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org>
- To: Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>
- Cc: marketing-private gnome org, GNOME Foundation Board <board-list gnome org>, Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org>, GNOME 2 release team <release-team gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GNOME 2.32 Release Notes
- Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 20:13:37 -0500
Thanks for the feedback. I've committed all the changes, they all made sense - thanks!
Due to time constraints, I've cut all screenshots after asking for help a couple of times, removed references to GNOME Live Media as we won't have live images with this release and shortened the looking forward section as well.
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org>
On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 09:10 -0600, Stormy Peters wrote:
> * Libre is not an English word, I'd suggest using "free software"This is made on purpose on several places, specially in Europe. This is
> here: "on libre desktops"
made to emphasize the meaning of 'free' and avoid confusions.
It's ok in a title but it doesn't read well in a sentence. Unless someone was already aware of free software and all the issues around free, they would find it confusing. So I think it sends a marketing message to our community but does not effectively communicate to someone interested in learning more about GNOME.
] [Thread Prev