Re: Next meeting (was Re: Future of GNOME release sets [was: Re: TwoPointThirtyone])

Andre Klapper wrote:

> 3. Modulesets reorganization

Sorry it is late but I updated the work I did on 2.30 to what's
currently in the gnome 3.0 moduleset, see the hacked up moduleset at
http://people.gnome.org/~fpeters/release-team/gnome-revised-suites-3.0.modules

A few open questions:

 - gnome-control-center dependency on metacity (probably for the
   appearance capplet, which will be revamped, and anyway the feature
   could certainly use mutter)

 - gnome-control-center dependency on gnome-panel (no trace in
   configure, and I didn't check further, any light on this?)

 - gtkhtml, still relevant if there is a evolution switch to webkit?

 - libwnck, used by non applet modules

 - libIDL and ORBit2 are still pulled in, by gconf, dconf status?

Anyway,

 - meta-gnome-devel-platform
      gconf, to be replaced by dconf?
      at-spi2-core, replacing at-spi
      atk
      glib
      gtk+
      gtk-doc
      pango
   and, new:
      gstreamer
      gst-plugins-base
      gst-plugins-good

 - meta-gnome-devel-unstable-platform (need a better name, obviously,
   that is the part of the platform that is not considered API/ABI
   stable)
      evolution-data-server
      libgnome-keyring
      libgweather
      librsvg
      libsoup

 - meta-gnome-desktop-suite (or "core", or whatever name)
      gnome-control-center
      evince
      gdm
      gnome-backgrounds
      gnome-desktop
      gnome-doc-utils
      gnome-icon-theme
      gnome-keyring
      gnome-media
      gnome-menus
      gnome-session
      gnome-settings-daemon
      gnome-themes
      gtk-engines
      gtkhtml
      gvfs
      libgnomekbd
      libwnck
      nautilus
      yelp

This doesn't include proposed modules, gjs, mutter, gnome-shell all
target the meta-gnome-desktop-suite, gobject-introspection is not
proposed yet (Colin should do that soon, also for the desktop suite).

Cheers,
        Frederic