Re: [draft] Planning for GNOME 3.0

Hola,

Just commenting on things I didn't do as you proposed:

Le lundi 30 mars 2009, à 18:46 +0100, Lucas Rocha a écrit :
> *Evolution of the User Experience*
>
> COMMENT: the "Evolution" here makes me think of "Evolution" the
> application :-P Maybe "User Experience Evolution"?

Nod. Although I find your proposal even worse ;-)
Let's put "Changing our User Experience" for now.

> COMMENT: As noted by Luis, I think we should add a more exciting note
> here: "welcome platform additions that allows GNOME to improve its
> user experience and easily integrate with online services such as
> location-awareness, 3d animations, web services integration, etc.".

Added something about clutter and geolocalization. I didn't feel we can
seriously talk about web services integration at the moment since the
efforts around that haven't really touched GNOME yet (ie, do you see web
services integration in GNOME now? -- there was the online desktop,
sure)

> COMMENT: I'd add here "Online Services and Location awareness" as
> potential areas.

FWIW, I think location-awareness is more of a platform thing that can
enable new features than a focus area.

Re Online Services: as much as I'd love to see it there, see above :-)
(now, maybe some small company with a name starting with L has something
it could share? ;-))