Re: Using sqlite in Evolution/EDS

Le mardi 20 mai 2008, à 14:18 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan a écrit :
> On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 09:46 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > Just wondering, would it be possible to use libgda? See the discussion
> > happening at
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2008-April/msg00084.html
>
> I definitely looked it, and had chat with Rodrigo as well. One thing
> that I came to know is that, if I'm not looking for anything other than
> sqlite as a option, then use sqlite itself. Also libgda has a copy of
> sqlite inside it than a direct linkage. Good in some senses but
> Evolution has  been traditional on that (libdb copy, libical copy) and I
> definitely dont want one more (sqlite through libgda).

Well, if I can believe the thread on ddl, it seems that libgda can use
the system-wide sqlite if there's one and not use a copy.

Now, if all people think that using sqlite directly is better, it can
make sense to directly depend on sqlite. But I thought that the libgda
API was more "useful" to us, since it's object-oriented.

You should probably continue the thread that anjuta people started on
ddl so we can reach a decision there.