Re: Request for update external dependency

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 15:35 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le jeudi 12 juin 2008, à 09:31 -0400, Germán Póo-Caamaño a écrit :
> > On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 10:41 +0300, Lucas Rocha wrote:
> > > Hi Germán,
> > >
> > > You said in the bug report that you have sent the request to d-d-l but
> > > I haven't see any in the archives.
> >
> > My fault.
> >
> > I just have sent the request to d-d-l.
> >
> > OTOH, is it my personal feeling or nowadays is a real pain to build
> > trunk? How do you do to deal with a broken build?
>
> What's broken for you? I don't build trunk daily, but I did it not too
> long ago and it was mostly fine, iirc.

Probably misfortune in my land.

First was esound or a broken DSSL template in my land.  I didn't want to
install old docbook templates just to make esound happy.  So, I patched
esound docbook header to build its documentation fine.

Then was another module I do not remember which was, but the build was
fixed 6 hours later (I have no complains about that).

Then fontconfig, which if detect docbook tries to build the docs even if
--disable-docs was set.  And the documentation had problems to be built
(I do not like a lot of SGML/XML warnings).  So, I updated my moduleset
to 2.6.0 and it was ok.

So, at the end, I was able to get to nautilus and nautilus-python (the
modules I was interested in).

Yesterday I tried a clean install and libgnomeui broke *my* build, but I
didn't have time to check was going on.

And then I gave up.

I must say that building 2.22 was smooth, only bothered every while just
for missing packages in my build system (docbook-xsl, yacc, lex,
lynx, ...) required for some modules (gtk-doc, gtk+, libIDL,
libdaemon, ...), but easy to fix.

--
Germán Póo-Caamaño
Concepción - Chile