Re: Rethinking "Supported language"

El mar, 19-02-2008 a las 14:55 +0100, Wouter Bolsterlee escribió:
>   2.  Developers will generally use those programs in English anyway.
> I dare to say that there is not a single Dutch speaking user that
> wants to a program such as Glade or Accerciser in Dutch. Translating
> lots of strings that will never be visible to users is just a waste of
> time. Note that most translation teams have very limited resources.

I have to disagree, Wouter. That's probably the reality in Europe and
most of the developed countries, but vouching for developing countries,
I can say for sure that there are tons of developers who are not
proficient with English, or that would feel more comfortable using the
development tools in their own language.

Claudio, who lives in a country with awfully few English speakers.

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>