Re: 2.25 Schedule Draft

Am Sonntag, den 31.08.2008, 22:57 +0200 schrieb Vincent Untz:
> Le samedi 30 août 2008, à 02:53 +0200, Andre Klapper a écrit :
> > ...available at http://live.gnome.org/AndreKlapper/Sched1 .

> So I like that we have again two weeks between beta 2 and RC. It's a bit
> weird that we lose two weeks in the development cycle before the
> announcement periods. I guess that's because we're going back to our
> 26-weeks schedule and because of the first point, though.

The two weeks are the old christmas vacations problem that we will
always run into...
We could have 26 instead of 25 weeks and release on March 25th, we just
need to let distributors know early so they can adjust plans.
Announcement Periods would start on Jan 12th.
I avoided this in my draft only because we've been always releasing in
the first part of March, but that is no argument to not change this if
it helps us to be more productive in early Januar. ;-)

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed