Re: GMAE release suites

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 18:09 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:

>  + someone will need to define the rules for module inclusion in the
>    Mobile suites. The rules that we have for the various desktop suites
>    are probably a good basis.
>
>  + I'm not sure that, in the long term, it's a good idea to keep GNOME
>    Mobile and GNOME Desktop schedules in sync. Is it useful? 6 months
>    might be short without any real need for software that will be
>    shipped on specific hardware. I don't know. Just raising the point.
>    On the other hand, this is important for translations.

Mobile is a much more conservative platform in many respects.  I think
this needs to be discussed with the GMAE partners

>  + someone will need to figure out the scratchbox/jhbuild integration
>    and make it easy for the release team to use it.
>
>  + I like the Poky idea, although we'll probably need to have a specific
>    server to build the packages. Or leave it to Matthew.
>
>  + last but not least: is the current release team the best candidate to
>    handle this? Most people in the release team only have a desktop
>    background, and not a mobile background. Recruiting people from GMAE
>    could help; another solution would be to have a mobile release team.

Well, except me.  OLPC is part of the GMAE initiative.  But yes I think
the GMAE members need to put forth a couple of people who would work
separately from the normal release team.  I think it is also a good way
for us to sort of liaison between the Desktop and GMAE with shared goals
such as kicking someones butt into gear getting dbus-gconf upstream ;)

--
John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com>