Minutes of release team meeting - March 24th
- From: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
- To: release-team gnome org
- Subject: Minutes of release team meeting - March 24th
- Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 23:47:30 +0200
I hope I didn't forget anything.
Present: Andre, Elijah, Vincent
Missing: Frédéric, Jeff, John, Kjartan
Everyone agrees to make it official.
ACTION: Andre to announce the schedule is official
slushy code freeze discussion
This is difficult because people are used to fix many bugs in before the
.1 releases, which are the releases generally shipped by distributions.
It needs discussion within the community anyway.
ACTION: Vincent to mail d-d-l about slushy code freeze
gtkmm in desktop/admin/devtools
The consensus that appears in the thread on d-d-l was positive. No
So let's do it.
ACTION: Elijah to update the rules to say gtkmm dep is allowed and to
announce this on d-a-l
Positive feeling about the proposal. It will help with the release
notes and, more generally, with promotion.
We'll build a small volunteers team to handle this task.
ACTION: Elijah to add the "make sure the roadmap process happens" task
ACTION: Vincent to bootstrap roadmap stuff
improving release notes
The roadmap should help with release notes.
Only pinging marketing-list doesn't work quite well, so finding someone
to lead the effort is really what should be done.
We should start now to build the release notes team for 2.20. This team
will also write a "sneak peek" writeup.
ACTION: Vincent to send a call for volunteers for "sneak peek" writeups
& release notes (mail + blog)
release team membership discussion
Should we have a policy on when a member should leave the team?
(There was no time to discuss this)
ACTION: all to discuss on r-t list to try to find a policy about
This is only a proposal so far, but we hope it's okay for everyone.
If there's a problem for someone, it will be possible to make some
changes to this list.
ACTION: Elijah to make an official list of modules that don't follow the
ACTION: Andre to poke someone on usability issues for 2.20
Following things were not discussed because of lack of time:
ACTION: discuss on list: libcolorblind as a dependency
ACTION: discuss on list: libnotify as a dependency
ACTION: discuss on list: Dave's proposal:
ACTION: discuss on list: Shaun's proposal:
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.
] [Thread Prev