Network Manager

I am looking for information on a release date for the next
version of Network Manager.  Very frustrated with not being
able to use something as basic as a 'static ip'.  The website
provides little information as to changes being made or a
tentative release date on the next version...

If I am emailing the incorrect address, please refer to the correct
person(s), I cannot find links to the developers involved for this project
either...

Thanks,

Derek.