Re: External Deps: update pwlib and opal version

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 20:32 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
> It looks like you forgot to keep Damien on the cc list.  However, some
> potentially helpful info...

Yes, indeed. (But so did you. ;-)  Sorry Damien, correcting my oversight
now. And I really should know, shouldn't I?

> > No unstable releases means no smoketesting. GARNOME depends on tarball
> > releases, as do the official jhbuild modulesets. And I doubt much
> > distros would go down the ripping-from-SVN path... This is a recurring
> > topic, and we even have seen already approved, newly proposed tarballs
> > being dropped off the list, just because they failed to roll a tarball.
>
> It looks like this is already being fixed.  See the thread starting at
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ekiga-devel-list/2007-June/msg00000.html.
>  :-)

Oh, awesome. :)  Of course, (with my GARNOME maintainer hat on) I'm
particularly pleased with David's first response [1]. Seems we'll see
unstable ekiga, opal and pwlib tarballs hitting f.g.o soon.

> > If you can find someone on your list, who can roll unstable Ekiga, opal
> > and pwlib tarballs, that would be great. In case they don't have a
> > gnome.org shell account, I am positive we will find volunteers to upload
> > the tarballs to f.g.o. I know I would -- feel free to ping me.
> >
> > Even in case you don't find one to do these unstable tarballs, we most
> > likely can handle this, too. Since I am not a RT member, I won't offer
> > this, however, here is an IRC quote:
>
> Why not?  You don't have to be an RT member to make tarball releases.
> Very few module maintainers are one.  ;-)  I see nothing wrong with
> module maintainers asking others to do releases for them.

Right. However, by quoting Vincent I indirectly offered the help of the
RT (plus me), instead of my help only...

  guenther  (aka Karsten Br�elmann)

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ekiga-devel-list/2007-June/msg00001.html