libsigc++: Removing deprecated API

I plan to maybe remove some API from libsigc++ 2 that's been deprecated
since 2004. The API allows some API compatibility with libsigc++ 1.2
(parallel-installable), but is now causing build difficulties with some
C++ compilers. I could fix the problems or take the easy way out and
just remove the API. As it's C++ template code, in headers, it couldn't
be noticed by any application at runtime, but could be noticed when
building.

I don't believe anybody is using it, and I don't believe it's actually
very usable. I guess I'll wait until GNOME 2.21/22 to do this, and do it
in a libsigc++ 2.1/2.2 series.

I believe this is acceptable to GNOME, but here's your chance to say no.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com