Re: Release notes start on the schedule

On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 18:34 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le vendredi 06 juillet 2007, �6:19 +0200, Murray Cumming a �it :
> > I plan to put "Start release notes" on September 3rd on the schedule at
> > http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNineteen
> > with a link to
> > http://live.gnome.org/ReleaseNotes
> >
> > That might make us more likely to start it early enough this time.
> >
> > I just wanted to mention that before doing it, because the schedule is a
> > sacred document.
>
> I'm all for it and, actually, I'd put this a bit sooner, since we should
> have the english version one week before the release (so translators
> have some time to translate the release notes). I'd suggest starting on
> August 20 or 27.

OK. The original 6 week schedule leaves enough for that, when it's
followed, but I'm happy if you think it needs 7 weeks.

> Oh, I believe Jorge Castro and Corey Burger were interested in working
> on the release notes for 2.20.

Yes, but I plan to be involved again too. Otherwise, I don't have
confidence that it'll get done. Maybe I can get those guys in the habit
so I don't have to do it next time.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com