Re: Unstable Gtk2 tarballs in Gtk2-Perl 2.17.x

On Jan 15, 2007, at 4:30 PM, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:

I've been putting unstable tarballs of Gtk2 [1] into this series'
Gtk2-Perl [2] releases. But I realized that this probably doesn't make much sense: GNOME 2.18 will ship with gtk+ 2.10.x, and the unstable Gtk2
versions contain bindings for new gtk+ 2.12 API.

So, what should be done about this?  Should I just revert to the last
stable tarball of Gtk2 (and perhaps Glib) with the next Gtk2-Perl
release?

The bindings for gtk+ 2.12.x contained in Gtk2 won't be built in and available unless you're compiling against gtk+ >= 2.12.0. It might be confusing for end users who know that thus-and-such was bound in this Gtk2 release, but it shouldn't actually hurt anything.