Re: Meeting?

Le lundi 15 janvier 2007 à 12:17 -0700, Elijah Newren a écrit :
> On 1/15/07, Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com> wrote:
> > >
> > > ACK, works for me.
> >
> > sorry for the slow answer. I will be available only Monday.
>
> Ouch, I'm worried it's a little bit late to change after the other
> email where I suggested Tuesday; others may not get the email in time.
>  Could you send us a list of your view of the proposed modules?  And
> maybe list an upcoming release you could volunteer to handle?  ;-)

Sorry for the very slow answer, I'm extremely busy this week.

List of module :

-gnomescan : no (but it has been retracted by author)
-nm-applet : I can't speak about it since Mandriva doesn't plan to
support it anytime (we have a similar application written before
NetworkManager existed) and I didn't evaluate it.
-seahorse : ok
-tracker : no. It isn't still clear for everybody what tracker is
supposed to solve for GNOME. My hope is to have a neutral API for
applications like nautilus / etc.. and tracker or beagle to plug in this
API transparently.
-gnome-main-menu : no, doesn't seem to be ready yet.

As a general rule, it seems some people want to integrate applications
in the desktop suite before they are ready / stabilized / HIGified /
i18n clean, etc.. I think we should enforce applications should respect
all of these criteria before asking for inclusion.

For developer suite :
-monodevelop : no since miguel retracted it
-devhelp : YESSS
-anjuta : I'm not sure since I'm seeing only 2.1.x (next unstable
branch) now. But I'm quite favorable
-glade3 : YES (better now than later).

I can't give you any release I could manage now, my schedule are quite
busy at work..
--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva