Re: Questions on possible freeze breaks in Tomboy

Le vendredi 16 février 2007, à 10:06, Boyd Timothy a écrit :
> I have a couple things I'm hoping one of you on the release team can answer.
>
> 1. NoteOfTheDay Plugin
>
> We'd like to disable the NoteOfTheDay Plugin by default in Tomboy.
> This isn't really removing a feature, but disabling it by default.
> But, since it would change the default behavior up to this point, I
> figured I should ask before doing it.  Would this be considered
> breaking feature freeze?

No, it should be okay. The documentation might need to be updated,
though.

> 2. Outdated help files
>
> Someone pointed out to me today in #tomboy that our help documentation
> does not match our current UI.  Basically the main new features have
> never been documented.  The screenshots shown in the help files do not
> match, etc.  Some of the more important undocumented features are:
> note pinning, bulleted lists, plugin preferences, and the backlinks
> plugin.
>
> I know we're now in string and UI freeze.  Is there any possible way
> to commit newer versions of the help files at this point?

There's no freeze for the help, I believe: the UI freeze is to help
documentation people update the docs.

(Note that it's broken to not have a string freeze for documentation,
but I don't know how we could easily handle this...)