Re: po/LINGUAS revisited

On 5/9/06, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
On 5/9/06, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> Building works fine if you don't care that there are no translations.
> Unfortunately
> (or fortunately), rpmbuild is not so forgiving and fails if the translations
> are missing.

So to verify, you're saying that
> a) configure scripts do not depend on unreleased tool versions
isn't a problem after all.  Correct?

Well, it becomes a problem as soon as you have to regenerate configure
from the tarball. I helped myself by pushing a cvs snapshot of intltool
into rawhide, but thats clearly not ideal.

And that
> b) make sure that tarballs contain translations
was likely a bigger issue than we realized (I only thought we had
missed gdm, but I really should have put forth a bigger effort to find
out once  that it hit multiple modules)?

Do you happen to have a list of modules that are missing translations,
from your rpmbuild attempts?  I'll try to follow up with all the
necessary people to get this fixed to 2.15.2.

I did not get very far. At this time, I can add vte 0.13.0 and
gedit 2.15.1 to the list of translation-deprived modules.

Matthias