Re: po/LINGUAS revisited

On 5/9/06, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
On 5/9/06, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> I tried to get Gnome 2.15.1 into rawhide today, but mostly failed.
> Many of the 2.15.1 tarballs
>
> a) contain no translations at all
> b) require a cvs version of intltool

I thought (a) was resolved in this thread:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2006-April/msg00478.html
(though I don't know whether all relevant modules got updated...).
Was I mistaken?  Either way, we should probably follow up to make sure
the incompatiblity with solaris-sh was actually fixed, so that people
don't need to remember the workaround in order to get translations in
their tarballs.

For (b), both Vincent and I built from the 2.15.1 tarballs without a
cvs version of intltool.  Did we do something funny or did you?

Building works fine if you don't care that there are no translations.
Unfortunately
(or fortunately), rpmbuild is not so forgiving and fails if the translations
are missing.

Matthias