Re: Hosting Win32 binary packages of GNOME stuff on ftp.gnome.org?

Well, I'd rather those who spent more time designing the structure
responded but since they haven't...

On 6/1/06, Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> wrote:
My idea now is to change to using Owen's plan, but still also keep the
current {platform,desktop}/2.x/2.x.y/win32 directories, but those
would now then just contain symlinks to the actual stuff under
binaries/win32/<module>/<major.minor>.

Sounds sane to me.  If you don't get objections to it soon, I'd go
ahead and assume it's okay.

<snip>
I don't know whether the mirrors will automatically pick up such a new
binaries folder, though?

It automatically picked up the new admin folder when I created it for
the admin suite, so I'm pretty sure it'd pick up a new binaries folder
as well.

This has mostly worked out fine, yes. During the 2.12 and 2.13 phases
some Win32 binaries were released with slightly skewed versions as the
Win32 changes were not committed in synch with the releases, but in
2.14.0 the versions are the same in sources and win32, as far as I can
recall.

I didn't do any Win32 releases for 2.14.1, out of laziness, as it
didn't seem to contain that many changes relevant for Win32 (the
freshest gtk and glib binaries are anyway available on ftp.gtk.org),
but for 2.14.2 I will build and release Win32 packages.

Thanks for all your awesome work!

Cheers,
Elijah