Re: New dependency?

Hi,

> that the community would be accepting of it as a dependency for the
> Gnome desktop (I'm not saying it wouldn't be, just that I'm not sure
> it would be).  Granted, system-tools-backends is classified as an
> external module, but gnome-system-tools depends on it.  We'll need to
> get this resolved somehow; either making it a soft dependency or
> getting community consensus to accept it (and possibly thus blessing
> perl bindings in general).  Suggestions?

Making it a soft dep will be hard unless you ditch g-s-t... Maybe
keeping an internal copy of Net::DBus in s-t-b (and using if no external
copy is found) could be a solution? this would make s-t-b architecture
independent for packagers and dependency-less for the rest...

Ah, yes -- for some reason I forgot about an option like this.  Yes,
this would be a third way to solve the issue if you would prefer to go
this route.  :)