Re: Decisions you didn't intend to make [Was: Minutes of the meeting (2006-07-31)]

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 13:56 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> On the "board vs r-t" topic (bad name, I know ;-)): I believe there has
> always been 2 or 3 board members in the release team. If board members
> of the release team believe something is wrong in the release team, it's
> up to them to talk about this issue at a board meeting.

The board "created" the release team in order to delegate a particularly
technical aspect of GNOME's operations to people who Really Know What
They Are Doing.

The board will not always be composed of mostly technical people.  You
cannot ask the board to tell you whether libfoo or libbar is better,
because they may not have the experience or knowledge that it takes to
answer that question.

[In fact, before the next elections comeup, I'll recommend that
non-hackers apply for candidacy.  The board needs people skills and lots
of free time; hackers are often busy and non-functional with real-world
administrative matters.]

  Federico