Re: Decisions you didn't intend to make [Was: Minutes of the meeting (2006-07-31)]

Le mardi 01 août 2006, à 21:04, Elijah Newren a écrit :
> On 8/1/06, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
> > > I'd be more than willing to state that some individuals want to take the
> > > decision to the foundation board, and reminding everyone that the
> > > foundation board has oversight of the release-team and ought to exercise
> > > that oversight when they feel it's in the community's best interests.
> > > Would that help you feel better?
> >
> > Possibly - like I said above, I do not have an immediate idea about how to
> > fix this, and I am not willing to jump to any conclusions or make any
> > assumptions about it right now. That is another way to approach it, but it
> > is laden with additional problems ("FOUNDATION BOARD OVERRULES RELEASE TEAM
> > ON MONO DECISION" is a pretty clear message you could take from it). I just
>
> I think that'd be a poor way to see it.  I honestly think the board
> should have more oversight over the release team and various other
> groups in the community.  Especially since the board is elected and
> the r-t is not; having oversight from the board seems critical to me
> long-term for things to remain successful.  Of course, I'm sure I'm
> just preaching to the choir here.

On the "board vs r-t" topic (bad name, I know ;-)): I believe there has
always been 2 or 3 board members in the release team. If board members
of the release team believe something is wrong in the release team, it's
up to them to talk about this issue at a board meeting.

(of course, other people can also ask the board to review the situation)

I don't know how much more oversight you'd like to see ;-)