Re: Decisions you didn't intend to make [Was: Minutes of the meeting (2006-07-31)]

<quote who="Vincent Untz">

> Jeff, I'm sorry to say this, but I believe this is where people disagree.
>
> Let me quote you:

I mentioned both in that long email, because they're both relevant, but
they're also *separate*, and that was the point I was trying to make.

> We said yes to tomboy. So the Gtk# in desktop question suddenly matters
> in the short term. And this means, I believe, that the question should
> be addressed in the short term.
>
> I'm not saying the current decision is the best one we could have taken.
> But a decision had to be taken. (It doesn't mean the decision can't be
> changed, btw).

A decision did need to be taken with regards to Tomboy, but that does *not*
imply that a decision needed to be taken with regards to policy of Gtk#/Mono
as a Desktop suite dependency. They can be entirely separate issues, unless
we conflate them (which is what I was hoping to avoid).

- Jeff

                    "Whatcha wanna be when you grow up?"
                            "Eight and a half."