Re: copyright violation in gucharmap

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 18:16 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Are you sure that gucharmap-1.4.3 contains the copyright
> violation?!  Did you care to check?  The offending commit was
> made last week, while gucharmap-1.4.3 has been released months
> ago.

I am so sorry, you are right. I even downloaded the 1.4.3 tarball and
expanded it, but for some weird reason thought that it contains the new
version. My fault.

> I don't give into details of how the line was left out, enough to
> say that my translation has been reviewed by both you and Meelad
> several times on the Persian GNOME translation list.

No, it was only heavily commented on. The review process was never
completed because you insisted on several things that we did not agree
on.

> Anyway, feel free to contact me, should you have any further
> problems, since I'm comaintaining gucharmap now.

Eh?! I didn't know! Congratulations and good luck!

> Frustrated behdad

I'm also very frustrated. But apparently some of that has been because
of all this need to enforce copyright left and right (as you are aware).

Please be careful next time you commit Persian translations. It would be
much more appreciated if you leave committing Persian translations to
me. I have grown extra careful about such matters after these years.

Roozbeh