nautilus-media should be removed in further gnome releases

Dear GNOME Release Team,

I propose to remove nautilus-media from further gnome releases.

The reason is, that this project doesn't compile anymore (as far as I
remember since the 2.10.0 release). Most distributions have removed
the package already.

I've started a discussion about the problem on the nautilus mailing
list and it seems, that nautilus-media is deprecated.

Alexander Larsson wrote:
> I think your statement is about correct. The nautilus-media package was
> broken by the debonoboization of nautilus. In particular the removal of
> external views. The hope is that in the future we'll have other
> extension points, so that the features of nautilus-media that were
> removed can be added back.

The thread started here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2005-May/msg00103.html

Best regards,