Re: Feature Freeze Break or Not Questions

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 13:46 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Elijah Newren">
>
> > On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:47:51 -0500, JP Rosevear <jpr novell com> wrote:
> > > I had originally thought that the following Evolution changes did not
> > > break feature freeze, but now I'm not so sure:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > All three present very interesting cases.  We've had a couple other emails
> > in response, but they all seemed to sidestep the issue.  Are these
> > actually breaks of feature freeze?
>
> The first was uncommitted code for a feature, the second was basically a UI
> freeze issue but arguably feature code, the third was feature code. So yeah,
> these are feature breaks.

1) Yes, but given the scope of the feature "Exchange online/offline
support" it came close to being a bug in my mind.

2) Probably relatively the worst, somehow we ended up with no way to see
the status changes that you had actually requested (ie read receipt).

3) I think your opinion is related to the scale of the changes (as is
mine to a certain extent), if I was to say "Widget X does not display
correctly in RTL mode".

All seems rather murky which is why I decided I better ask :-).

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.