Re: Feature Freeze Break or Not Questions

To answer elijah's question... these are all borderline ;) details:

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:47:51 -0500, JP Rosevear <jpr novell com> wrote:
> 1) Exchange personal addressbook offline support
> -caught during our feature review, we already had support for online
> offline mail, calendar and global addressbook (all added before feature
> freeze) but somehow we missed personal address books, it was intended
> but the code didn't actually drop in

Since everything else has this feature, I'd call the absence in one
module a bug and not a feature.

> 2) GroupWise Send Status Viewing
> -also caught during our feature review, we had ways to set the options
> for tracking the status but through an oversight the information wasn't
> available to the user via a contextual menu

More borderline. Obviously more impactful since there are additional
strings (I assume) and presumably the underlying code is completely
untested if it isn't user-exposed. I'd lean towards calling this one a
feature-freeze break, since if the point of the freeze is 'no new,
untested features', and this one is apparently untested, then this is
a bad break.

> 3) RTL Editing in the composer
> -we have RTL viewing in now (before feature freeze), and I had been
> considering any RTL work as more i18n work rather than feature work, but
> I've second guessed myself and would like a second opinion.

Again, I'd say this crosses the line into feature, unless there is
very substantial code-sharing between the viewing and editing portions
(no idea).

Like I said, though, I'd lean towards letting them all in anyway,
assuming there is a clear commitment from the evo team to intense
quality work in the next couple of weeks.

Luis