Re: Pygobject and Python 3

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 6:14 AM, Holger Berndt <berndth gmx de> wrote:
> 1. Is Python 3 supported by Pygobject, or is it merely dragged along
> with the occasional test and fix?

Last I heard from J5 (over a year ago), is that he is using python3
exclusively for his development and everybody should be moving towards
it.

> 2. What Python version should be targetted if developing a new
> Pygobject-based application?

Depends what other modules you require. My own personal project is
held back by pyexiv2, which has not been ported to py3k yet. If you're
starting a new application you should determine what modules you'll
need to be using and what their py3k support is. If there is nothing
that's incompatible with py3k then go ahead and use py3k.