Having a really hard time wrapping my head around drag and drop.

Following this tutorial:

http://python-gtk-3-tutorial.readthedocs.org/en/latest/drag_and_drop.html

I can't seem to get anything to work.

What I'm trying to do is allow my app to receive files/uris dropped in
from other apps.

I've been following the above tutorial as well as the API reference
manuals (in C) quite closely and I just can't seem to get any response
at all to the drop action, the signal just doesn't fire.

Can somebody suggest a Gtk3 app that's written in python that receives
files dropped in from other apps that I can refer to for guidance?

I've heard that versions of PyGObject prior to 3.0.3 didn't support
drag&drop but I confirmed and that's the version I have so I'd really
like to get this going.

Thanks!

--
http://exolucere.ca