Re: [pygtk] PyGObject 3.3.1 released

Hi Martin,

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:25:24 +0200
Martin Pitt <martin pitt ubuntu com> wrote:
> I am pleased to announce version 3.3.1 of the Python bindings for
> GObject. This is the first release of the 3.3 series which
> eventually result in the stable 3.4 release for GNOME 3.6.
[snip]

> About PyGObject
> ===============
> GObject is a object system used by GTK+, GStreamer and other
> libraries.
>
> PyGObject provides a convenient wrapper for use in Python programs
> when accessing GObject libraries.
>
> Like the GObject library itself PyGObject is licensed under the GNU
> LGPL, so is suitable for use in both free software and proprietary
> applications. It is already in use in many applications ranging from
> small single purpose scripts up to large full featured applications.
>
> PyGObject now dynamically accesses any GObject libraries that uses
> GObject Introspection. It replaces the need for separate modules such
> as PyGTK, GIO and python-gnome to build a full GNOME 3.0 application.
> Once new functionality is added to gobject library it is instantly
> available as a Python API without the need for intermediate Python
> glue.

I'm trying to learn PyGObject but find that a lot of material is
actually about PyGtk.

Can you---or anyone---provide any links to projects that are using
PyGObject 3.x so that I can look at their source code?

Thanks!

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy