Re: Planner-list GConf

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 4:12 PM Jeremiah C. Foster via planner-list
<planner-list gnome org> wrote:
I don't know if planner is actively maintained in GNOME or if it has an invdividual directly working on it.

I am the current maintainer of Planner, but I am not actively working
on it. The current state has been explained many times already and
hasn’t changed. Planner needs to be ported to GTK 3 and for that a new
timeline widget needs to be written because libgnomecanvas is
deprecated (and it would be a bad idea to just copy its code into our
tree). It is a daunting task. Some people have showed interested but
all have vanished. Waiting for GTK 4 and rewriting the UI is arguably
a less daunting task (and the current path I’m on).

I appreciate that GNOME is a volunteer organization and that our community is built on the great work of
volunteers.
It would be great if this list were to somehow coordinate some work on planner because it is a great tool
and one
of the few Free Software alternatives for project planning available.

There is a developer list which is probably more suited for that.
Alas, as I said above, the few people who said they were interested
never stayed long enough to make actual progress.

As it is, it is unlikely that an updated planner that fits nicely in
the current distro requirements sees the light of day soon.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker