Re: Planner-list GConf

On Sun, 2020-01-05 at 12:19 +0000, Kalman Takacs via planner-list wrote:
In Arch Linux, planner 0.14.6-6 is available in AUR. According to the build script it depends on GConf. I am not sure if it is a downstream packaging issue or the migration to DSettings or dconf is planned in the future. But for sure, GConf has been dropped into AUR and also orphaned, so in the future it is not going to be supported at all for Arch Linux. I am looking forward to any info.

I don't know if planner is actively maintained in GNOME or if it has an invdividual directly working on it. The list of issues growing: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/planner/issues

I appreciate that GNOME is a volunteer organization and that our community is built on the great work of volunteers. It would be great if this list were to somehow coordinate some work on planner because it is a great tool and one of the few Free Software alternatives for project planning available.

Regards,

Jeremiah