Re: Planner-list Calendars

Mark and list:

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 7:50 AM Mark Kleinschmidt via planner-list <planner-list gnome org> wrote:
Went to bugzilla, and got told to go to Gitlab.  Gitlab doesn't have a
Planner group.  Ok, I tried.

I think there needs to be some work done on Calendars.  It would be nice
to be able to assign different calendars to different resources.  It
would also be nice to be able to assign different hours for each of the
days of a week.  For example 5 to 8 Monday through Friday, and 9AM to
8PM on Saturday and Sunday.

Please see this page, where it lists a link for git:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Planner/Development

Here https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/planner there seems to be a full site.

Mark, I like your idea of assigning different calendars to different resources, but I'm pretty sure you can do that already.  For instance, if I create a new resource (me) and then right click Edit resource, I'm offered a window entitled "Edit resource properties" which contains a tab called "Calendar".  On it I can select (or define new if necessary and then select) a calendar for that resource.  Isn't this what you're after?

A related issue is the use of integer % for resource availability (the Units field in Edit task properties > Resources).  This makes it impossible to schedule a person for many useful units of time per week (for example).  I think if units were interpretable as hours instead of % it could be more useful; or using fractions e.g. 1 out of 3, 5 out of 40.

Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.