Re: Planner-list Calendars

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 4:50 PM Mark Kleinschmidt via planner-list
<planner-list gnome org> wrote:
Went to bugzilla, and got told to go to Gitlab.  Gitlab doesn't have a
Planner group.  Ok, I tried.

You should have been looking for a Planner project, not a group.
Planner is part of the GNOME group:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/planner

If you can tell us what information threw you off track, maybe we can
fix it for future users in the same situation.

I think there needs to be some work done on Calendars.  It would be nice
to be able to assign different calendars to different resources.

That is already possible. I don’t have the software at hand so I can’t
give exact directions. Let me try and give you the general idea:
* Go to Project->Manage Calendars
* Hit New
* Derive from an existing calendar if you want changes to the original
one to affect the new one, or copy, or start from an empty one
* Adjust your days and hours
* Next go to the resources page, select the resource you want to
assign a calendar to, edit it and assign the calendar you created.

It would also be nice to be able to assign different hours for each of the
days of a week.  For example 5 to 8 Monday through Friday, and 9AM to
8PM on Saturday and Sunday.

I don’t think you can change it to have “every Monday are 5 to 8”, but
you can adjust hours for each day in the calendar management
interface.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker