Re: Planner-list Planner Development - still active?

Andre,

    I have to second that - I use it and an extremely thankful to the guys that are working on it but would love to see some additional functionality.

Thanks!

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 15:56 -0200, Andre Oliveira da Costa wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 08:53:32 +1000
Joshua Wulf <jwulf redhat com> wrote:

> On 01/20/2010 08:47 AM, Alexandre Franke wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:11 PM, Joshua Wulf<jwulf redhat com>  wrote:
> >
> >> Is Planner still being actively developed? We've starting using it quite
> >> heavily for our team (using it in Fedora), and would like to make
> >> enhancement requests, contribute documentation, etc... We've filed a number
> >> of bugs in the Fedora bugzilla and have had things fixed, but apparently
> >> patches from Fedora are not being integrated upstream?
> >>
> > We indeed got some patches but we lack time and manpower so we're a
> > bit slow currently on integrating them. We're still alive. We try to
> > do our best.
> >

> Do you guys want some help?

It would be great to see Planner getting some more love. Please don't
get me wrong: I am very grateful to Alexandre, Maurice and all others
who strive to keep Planner alive and kicking, I know they are doing
their best to keep up and I can only thank them for that.

Problem is that IMHO Planner is a strategic app for Linux, because it's
the default app for project management, which is a necessity for me and
many project managers who use Linux as their desktop. I rely on it
heavily to plan our sprints, and it's a pity new versions take so long
to come out, and to see some basic (annoying) bugs last for too long,
or some usability issues that could probably be fixed without much
effort if more manpower was available.

Again, this is not at all a complaint directed at the developers, but
instead a "Phew! Maybe now these guys will get some help" ;-) It's nice
to see RedHat (or anyone else for that matter) offering a hand, I hope
it is welcome by the developers.

Regards,

Andre

Matt Burkhardt
Impari Systems, Inc.
mlb imparisystems com
http://www.imparisystems.com
My LinkedIn Page
O - (301) 682-7901
C - (301) 802-3235

Customer Relationship Management Systems
Helping you find and keep your best customers