Re: Planner-list predecessors for fixed date tasks

Hello Kurt,
If you want to change the start date on a task with a 'SF' relationship, you should assign a resource and adjust the resource units to something less than 100%.
problem : using resources this way turns it to nothing more than an abstract parameter.

Well, if you've set the finish date for task A with a SF or FF relationship, then we need to let the start date float
That's precisely the question : the finish date for task A is then set and fixed. both start date and finish date for task A sould be floating
two rules can be imagined to define SF links :
 - end(A) < start(Deadline) ; that's the minimal constraint and so the more usefull (and generally the actual logical link).
 - end(A) = start(Deadline) ; that's the maximal constraint for an SF link, and the Planner's one. generally too restrictive.

the less restrictive is a tool, the more useful it is... and the more complex is the algorithm.

is there any way to centralize a collective analyze and specification for algorithm evolution ?
is there any conceptual documentation (exept code and its comments) for link rules and sheduling algorithm ?
I have no time (like everyone) but should be interessed (probably like some others) to contribute to a conceptual specification

Planner is no far away from being an excelent simple and intuitive tool but, to be honest, I'm not acheaving to use it efficiently at this time

Regards,
Ricardo FERNANDEZ