Re: Planner-list predecessors for fixed date tasks

Hello Pete,

I'm not sure to understand, but my comment could help.

if you have a "Deadline" task  for a part of your project (including, for exemple, task A)
 - you can set
"Deadline" task as a fixed date milestone
 - of course you can't set any predecessor for this fixed date task
 - so you can't set A as predecessor (for example "end to start" link) for
"Deadline" task, but...
 - you can set
"Deadline" task as predecessor (same example ; "start to end" link) of A

limits for this example :
 - even if A is an "as soon as possible" task, it will be scheduled to "the last moment" before
"Deadline". why ? we just wan't it to become a "not after" task.
 - you can't anticipate A setting it to fixed date (today for example). why ?
 - you can't set any other predecessor
to A (a current task ending tomorrow, linked "end to start", for example), even if A has been scheduled on next year. why ?

I agree that external constraints are decisive in project scheduling and that Planner constraints rules are too much restrictive.
but it's not an easy problem, and coding realy accurate rules could be an infinite task.

so just try to use such links with parsimony

Regards,
Ricardo FERNANDEZ