Re: Planner-list Regarding Task/Subtask Boldface/No Boldface Discussion

On 2009-01-12 13:09:59 +1300 (Mon, Jan), David Lowe wrote:
> Just my view FWIW... I agree that it can be confusing to have sub-tasks
> emboldened. A switch to turn bold on or off in task properties would be
> good. Ideally, the default for a 'major' group should be bold, and the
> default for a sub group should be plain. But if that's too complicated, just
> a switch would be enough.
>
> And I agree Planner is the best of the bunch right now.
>
> - David

I would like to add one humble vote for adding the configuration option
to use/not use bold for grouping tasks.
On this list and in my discussions with some people, I saw that about
a half wants bold, and about a half wants no bold. So a configuration
switch would make almost all of them happy.

When we talk about the appearance of tasks, I would like to suggest a
similiar case, for which I noticed much higher demand: grayed-out tasks
with 100% completion.

A more complicated feature, (and I am not sure whether it really would
be useful) would be to connect the colour with the percentage of task
done. For example: 0% => black, 100% => #666, and linear (a proper word
slipped away from my brain)... distribution for percentages between,
with steps for example for 25%.

P.S.: And I also agree that Planner is a great tool. Thank you. :)