Re: Planner-list Idea for exporter creating gantt with Simile Timelines

Hi Maurice, Laurent,

A late follow-up. I neglected to catch up with this list for a while, but after spending a few hours wrestling with a project plan in a spreadsheet, I feel like adding my 2 cents here:

1) Stand-alone report

For me, the report doesn't have to be close in appearance to the Planner windows. The report goes to people who don't have Planner usualy.

The Simile version definitely adds value in terms of letting team members navigate the plan as well, and currently offers a timeline per person.

It would be great to also have a "workload per week, per person" report (and even a view like that in Planner itself). The Resource Usage view shows it as a Gantt chart, but then it's hard to see how many hours it actually is.

2) Calendar integration

I'd *LOVE* to have a translation of Planner data for a specific resource (for instance: me) available as ICS or similar. That way, I can first of all see the planning I make in my own calendar app, and I can also make it available to team members to plug into their calendars.

Uploading or synchronising my Planner file with a copy online that is translated on the fly would work fine.

I'm not really familiar yet with XSLT, and don't really have the time to build it myself, but would love to have this translator (and willing to put some money on the table to have it built). Maybe Laurent's XSLT is very close to that already?

          /-- Kind regards,
         /--- Rolf.