Planner-list ?: How do you track your open tasks?

Hi avid planner users,

I'm using planner for quite a couple of projects -- while setting up the
initial tasks.

What I find quite cumbersome, and that's perhaps because I'm not useing
it propperly is the tracking of open (not 100% completed) tasks.

What I'd need would be
a) either the possibility to add the %ofCompletion in the Task view
or
b) a report that just outputs all the not-completed (less than 100%)
tasks.

I've hacked togehter a script that gave me sort of b), but I'm loosing
the hierarchical structure overview, which is cumbersome with not so
intuitively named tasks ...

how do you do that kind of project controlling?

regards
peb