Planner-list create followup task from a task

I want to create followup tasks for certain tasks.  For example - I send an
email, I want to be able to say 'planner-create-followup-task' and a new
task would get created.  This new task would link to the current task or
the description of the task would be a copy of the task prepended with the
words 'Followup on'.  This is something similar
to 'planner-create-task-from-note' or 'planner-create-task-from-buffer'

Has anyone done anything similar?

Thanks
--
raj shekhar