Re: [Planner] Tasks assigned to same resource scheduled concurrently?

Hi,
Le jeudi 03 mars 2005 �6:40 +0100, Josep Mon�i Teixidor a �it :
> El dj 03 de 03 del 2005 a les 16:25 +0100, en/na Max Lists va escriure:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > Fact is, you could assign the same resource to 2 concurent tasks, but
> > with a 50% rate on both. You would notice that doing so, your task
> > duration will double and result in a 100% job of the resource.
> >
> > If you keep a 100%(unit) on the same resource, you will see that the
> > resource has too much job(red color) on the "Resource usage" part.
> >
> > Massimo
>

> Ahhh!!!!
>
> Ok... I can do this manually until there's no red in the graph then!
>
> The only problem I see then is that the percentage is set for all the
> task and I'd like something more adaptable depending on other tasks (for
> instance imagine my previous example, If I used 50% on both I'd spend
> 20days, but the correct response is 18).
19 to be correct :)

> Anyway is a good solution (although I'd prefer an automatic calculation
> of these things). I imagine I must combine this with delays.
Yep, it would be nice if the rate of work could be "auto-balanced"
through a checkbox for certain tasks.

Any interest in this "feature", dear mailing-list ?

Massimo