Re: [Planner] Installing Planner

Xavier Ordoquy wrote:

On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 06:48, John Lovely wrote:
I have Mandrake 9.0 and when trying to ./configure planner, I get a message that libglade-2.0 cannot be found and suggesting I change the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable.

All the libraries mentioned appear to be in /usr/lib but I can't find any information in any help files on how to change the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable.

PKG_CONFIG_PATH is for libraries that aren't in the pkg-config default
path which shouldn't be your case.
Have you checked that you got the -dev package (with the headers and so
on).

Regards,
Xavier Ordoquy.

.

All packages are installed. The error message is below:

QUOTE...
checking for
       glib-2.0 >= 2.0.4
       gobject-2.0 gmodule-2.0
       gtk+-2.0 >= 2.0.3
       libgnomecanvas-2.0 >= 2.0.1
       libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.0.1
       libglade-2.0 >= 2.0.0
       libbonoboui-2.0 >= 2.0.0
       libgnomeprintui-2.2 >= 2.1.9
       gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 2.0.2
... Package libglade-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libglade-2.0.pc'
No package 'libglade-2.0' found
configure: error: Library requirements (
       glib-2.0 >= 2.0.4
       gobject-2.0 gmodule-2.0
       gtk+-2.0 >= 2.0.3
       libgnomecanvas-2.0 >= 2.0.1
       libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.0.1
       libglade-2.0 >= 2.0.0
       libbonoboui-2.0 >= 2.0.0
       libgnomeprintui-2.2 >= 2.1.9
       gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 2.0.2
) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
....UNQUOTE

It looks like configure is checking a whole bunch of library versions in one hit and printing a standard error message. In fact libglade version is OK but IF "glib-2.0" is glibc, THEN glibc version is only 2.0.0 against required 2.0.4. IF glib-2.0 is not glibc, then I don't have it at all!

Where can I get glibc? It seems to be just a component in the C++ IDE.

John Lovely