Shall we drop support for older libgda versions?

While looking into a bug in SQL support, I found (once more) that
supporting older libgda versions (or rather 1.x, because I've never seen
2.x) is kind of a pain.

I'd much rather drop support for libgda < 3.0.x than to fix planner bugs
for all versions.

Now libgda versioning is a bit strange. Here's what I know about it
(gleaned from http://www.gnome-db.org/News):
- 3.0.x is the current stable series
- 3.1.x are unstable versions, that will lead to 3.2.x
- 3.99.x is a release for which the code has undergone major rework
- there's an upcoming 4.0 version

I think 3.99.x is what is leading up to 4.0, but I'm not sure.

In any case the stable version (3.0.x) is the oldest version I'd like to
concern myself with.

What do you think? Is it ok to rip out support for the older ones?

Regards,
Maurice.

--
Maurice van der Pot