Re: [Planner Dev] Planner on Windows

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 16:55 -0500, Francisco Moraes wrote:
> Kurt Maute wrote:
>
> >I haven't looked at cygwin in a while, so I don't know what tools it has
> >for transformations, but msxml will work, and there's a project out on
> >sourceforge that might help if you want to convert to windows native
> >help files..  http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?
> >docid=8375&group_id=21935
> >

> Thanks for the tip. That will certainly be helpful.... If someone wants
> to help with that, let me know. My plan is not to require any cygwin,
> just native Windows, like Gimp and other applications do.

Well, that was easier that I thought it'd be.  With a bit more snooping
around I found out that the htmlhelp.xsl comes bundled with the docbook
stylesheets, so its a no-brainer to do the convert.  Here's the steps to
convert for anyone who's interested:

$ xmlto htmlhelp planner.xml
Copy the resultant files you your windows box along with the figures
folder.
Download and install the Htmlhelp SDK from Microsoft.com
Launch Html Help Workshop
Open the htmlhelp.hhp file you created in the xmlto conversion
Choose File->Compile
Done

So here's the latest user guide converted to MS Help:
http://www.maute.us/planner/userguide/Planner_v0.13.chm

...and a screenshot:
http://www.maute.us/planner/userguide/Planner_UG_Win_v0.13.png

--