Re: [Planner Dev] Resource pool for multiple projects

DevMacs kirjoitti:
Hi there,

I checked the 0.13 version and I found it great :)
The resource view is very useful.

I would like to know, how can I manage several projects with the same resource pool? In my experience the same resource usually shared beetween more then 2 projects and I have to manage this stupid situation.

So, is there any possibilities to handle this situation (except using only one projects, which include all the others as subprojects - even it is a working way)?

Interesting idea, and well worth of note it...

You're absolutely right, and this is situation in most cases - you have limited number of resources that work on one or more projects.

I think that with filebased like Planner is, it's pretty much impossible to achieve - it would require database (or database like) storage where you can do relational queries, and where information is stored on one place.

One idea that comes to my mind is common from editors - in many editors you have "project" or "session", that groups several files. You could have same thing for Planner.

You could have "workshop" that contains one or more projects and resources that can be shared among projects.

It could be even interesting to share tasks between projects to make inter-project relations.

--

Jani Tiainen