Re: [Planner Dev] Windows Port - Status update

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 14:35, Jani tiainen wrote:
> In my opinion static linking would be way to go, since views are pretty
> much essential parts of Planner and there are most likely not to be
> generated any third party views... This would also remove any
> backlinking issues that still exists in that simple library hack.

Ideally, views should be customizable.  The user should be able to pick
and choose what properties are displayed and in what order for each of
the views.   One of the (few) features that I like in MSP, is that the
user can create a custom view, or modify an existing view for their
specific preferences/needs.

So I agree that there probably wouldn't be a lot of third party views
coming into play, so long as we provide an easy way for users to
customize the standard ones.

--
Kurt Maute <Kurt Maute us>