Re: [Planner Dev] Windows version

Richard Hult wrote:
On mån, 2004-07-05 at 11:31 +0300, Jani tiainen wrote:

Last time I used cygnome project, so it involved using Cygwin, and ported gnome2 libraries. (It seems that current status of cygnome2 libraries are in good shape compared to last time I tried to do - I had to compile everything by hand..)

I got mrproject compiled, but there was some problems to get it running properly. Most difficulties involved backlinking, because Windows DLL doesn't support undefined external references.

I remember that most of changes involved changin generated makefiles...

So I'll give a shot - It can't hurt that many =)

Cool, let me know how it works out :)

After a while struggling with correct setup for Cygwin I finally have been able to compile Planner 0.12 on Cygwin!

So far I had only do well known change in egg-recent-model lock and unlock functions, and had some troubles with automake system that I really didn't solve - I edited files by hand.

I might be able to get it actually running, like last time - hopefully I get it working correctly.

Few questions still hang out:

1) What are those .NET libraries?

") Could it be possible to move those backlinked depedencies to external library, it would make Planner easier to port systems that really don't support backlinking (or undefined symbols), like Windows.

--

Jani Tiainen