Re: [Planner Dev] Windows version

Richard Hult wrote:

On mån, 2004-07-05 at 11:09 +0300, Jani tiainen wrote:

Does current version of Planner compile under Windows?

Not that I know about.

I almost managed to get MrProject to run (at least it compiled =) under Windows, but since development of MrProject ceased, I stopped my efforts.

I can resume to my work, because at least I have great interest to get Planner up and running under Windows - it would be great alternative to Microsoft Project.

It's definitely possible to make it build on Windows, but it would
probably take a fair amount of work. Some of the libraries we are using
are not ported to Windows, for example. The hard thing is probably to
make this work in a nice way without sprinkling ifdefs throughout the
code. We are going to move to GTK+ 2.4 at some point which should make
the bonobo dependency go away, that's at least one library less :)

Last time I used cygnome project, so it involved using Cygwin, and ported gnome2 libraries. (It seems that current status of cygnome2 libraries are in good shape compared to last time I tried to do - I had to compile everything by hand..)

I got mrproject compiled, but there was some problems to get it running properly. Most difficulties involved backlinking, because Windows DLL doesn't support undefined external references.

I remember that most of changes involved changin generated makefiles...

So I'll give a shot - It can't hurt that many =)

--

Jani Tiainen